Thursday, August 28, 2008

Scalloped Potatoes & Ham

I tried a new crock pot recipe. Smells so good I want to eat it now!
5 Med potatoes,sliced
2 Cups chopped ham
4 Tablespoons butter
3 Tablespoons flour
1 Teaspoon salt
2 Cups milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

In slow cooker, place potatoes and ham. In med sauce pan melt butter over med low heat, add flour and salt,cook until bubbly. Add milk slowly, stirring until smooth and thickened. Add cheese. Mix well. Pour mixture over potatoes. Cover. Cook on low 8to 10 hours or high 3 to 4 hours. Makes 6 servings.
I will let you know what the family thought of the meal tomorrow. The sauce is really easy and took me less than 5 minutes to make. I love crock pot meals they make the house smell so good and I don't have to stress at 4 o'clock what to make for dinner. Try it and let me know what you think.

5 comments:

bradM said...

Here is my 2nd attempt to leave a comment. Supper sounds good, I'm sure you all enjoyed it. Ok I'm done, it's late the Chiefs game is over - WE WON over the Rams. I watched most of Obama's speech from the convention but missed the first part. Interesting. Ok I'm really going cause I'm tired! Good night and God Bless. Dad

Mom To The 3rd Power said...

Cool blog! Love the look! And the music ;)

Sarah said...

This was a great dinner! The kids loved too, a double hit!

6 Happy Hearts said...

Ok I'm trying this one & I'll let ya know how it goes : )

Unknown said...

Sounds yummy!!