Friday, August 15, 2008

How to develop a Powerful Prayer Life!


I just finished reading this book How to develop a powerful prayer life by Dr. Gregory R Frizzell. I was just a little, (alright, alright a LOT) convicted reading this. I don't know about you but I don't spend enought time on my knees in prayer build my relastionship with God! My goal is to spend more time on my face before God. Here is a sample pattern for a powerful DAILY prayer. (This is not suppose to take the place of your bible reading, and quiet time. This is to be used with that).



1. Begin with a period of praise and thanksgiving (5-10 minutes)

2. Continue with confession and repentance ( at least5-10 minutes)

3.Prayer of personal petition (10-15 min)

4. Prayer of Intercession (10-20 min)

5. Meditation and Assessment


In this pattern Dr. Gregory says "I am not implying that you must pray a whole hour in order to experience a powerful prayer life. Though a hour is an excellent goal, it is not a requirement. If you are sensitive to God in your prayer time, you will have a life changing experience whether it's thirty minutes or three hours!"
"A powerful prayer life is not just a discipline or ritual. it is your commitment to a personal relationship with God. From God's perspective, prayer is the expression of that which HE desires most- your personal relationship of love, surrender and trust."
Ok, I just heard God speak to me through that AGAIN! In the book Dr. Gregory give you scripture and ideas of what to pray for. Remember to keep your prayer SPECIFIC not general, ie: Lord, help me to be a better christian. If you pray through the fruit of the spirits and ask God to help you be more loving, kind, and joyful. Which one do you think has more power? Nothing is more powerful than praying scripture! I have to go get on my face now and have a chat with God!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very good post, S! I need to make more time for this too.

6 Happy Hearts said...

Teach it siesta!
There is something so powerful about praying scripture on our face.
Now why is it I find it hard to make just a little time for my Father?!
Ugh??!!