Friday, February 6, 2009

May you rest in peace Sugar. We love you!!

I thought today was going to be a good day. I was going to sleep in, when I was woke up by a neighbor honking in our driveway this morning. What in the world are they doing honking in our driveway at 7:30am? I went to the door in my P.J.'s. Our neighbor whispered so the kids could not hear. " I think your cat was ran over." Darin was about ready to leave for work so I asked him to go see if it was her. I watched him walk out to the road, and then I saw him turn back and go straight to the garage. My heart just sank. How could it be her.

It was five years ago almost to the day that Sugar entered into our lives. We only had G man, I was expecting "A". She was just a little kitten then. I closed our garage door, and trapped her in. I did not know she was in our garage. I heard something, I thought it was a cat. I then started feeding her. Before long she was a part of the family. Two year's later she had 4 kittens. We gave them all away. About a year ago we thought we had lost her. We had not seen her for about six weeks. We thought she was someones dinner, living the wide open out here. We have heard the coyotes, what ever you want to call them. Come to find out she was in our neighbors garage. We were over chatting with them and I heard her meow, I think she saw or heard Darin's voice or mine. I walked up to the garage and she came running to me. She was so skinny but ok the kids were so happy to see her.

Sugar was the best cat ever "A" would drag her around the house. Sugar put up with it. She would let "A" know when she was done, "A" didn't always listen, but Sugar always gave a warning when she was done. Sugar loved to be loved on, that is why we named her Sugar. Sugar loved getting sugars.


Sugar kept the mice and birds away. I have never had a problem with mice. She would always bring them home and leave them on the ground by the steps for us. One time she brought home a live bird, then she got into the house with it.

Darin and I buried her in the front yard, we didn't want the kids to see her. Sugar did not look like Sugar. I tried to find a picture of her, but I couldn't she would never hold still long enough for me to get a picture.

Sugar you will be missed, we love you!

5 comments:

6 Happy Hearts said...

So sorry about Sugar : ( Animals are such a blessing in our lives & it is so hard when they die. Praying for those images to leave your head & for peace for you!

Just Wedeminute said...

Sorry to hear about Sugar...it's so sad when a pet family member passes on. We will keep your family in our prayers for peace and comfort!

MelissaC said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Sugar. I know how tough it is to lose such an important part of your family.

Maria said...

I'm sorry to hear about Sugar.

Dawn said...

I'm so sorry you all are grieving over your family pet. :(